Topic: Christmas Eve
View Single Post
December 24th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Today is all about last minute baking and just hanging around. DH is holed up in our bedroom wrapping gifts for me. I've already cooked the squash for tonight's butternut bisque and made M&M chip cookies. I still need to do Italian anise cookies and prep the stuffed shells I'm bringing to my parents' tomorrow.

Tonight we're going to eat our faces off. We have a very fancy feast every Christmas Eve. I've got 4 amazing cheese from across the globe, peppered whiskey smoked salmon, nice crackers, summer sausage, scallops, carrots & cherry tomatoes with premade dip, butternut squash bisque, sparkling wine, and the cookies from today.

After we gorge, James will get a pre selected gift to open which will contain new Xmas jammies. We'll have him write/dictate a note to Santa. We'll then watch the 30 min animated special "The Snowman" before bed. It's so relaxing and sweet with no words and just lovely music and animation. Hot cocoa (per James' request to keep Santa warm), cookies, and carrots for the reindeer left out and then lights out!