View Single Post
December 28th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Hi everyone. I am new to this board and am extremely torn about what to do. I found out I was pregnant yesterday. I am in college and I am planning to go to medical school in about 2 years after I finish my Bachelor's. I am 22 and my boyfriend is 31. He already has a child who is 10 years old. When I told him the news he told me it was my choice. He's always been very supportive and proud of how driven I am in school and what I am striving to do. He cried and said "I see you hitting all your goals, all these marks you've planned, and I can't help but think if we have the baby you will be putting a stop to it all, you deserve to reach your goals, but I will be there for you either way"

My brother is 32 and his wife is 5 months pregnant. He too is very focused on me reaching my goals. Everyone is. I am the "pride and joy" of the family and I feel so irresponsible and guilty for being so careless. I know that if I keep the baby my life will change forever, but if I don't I don't think I would be able to forgive myself for it and I know it will push me away from my partner.

I've never been so confused in my life. I don't know if I will be capable of having a baby and reaching my goal of going to med school. I would have to move in with my boyfriend and start a new life... which I am not ready for. I am sorry for this long post. I just needed to know if anyone had ever had the same doubts.