Topic: Baby Names...
View Single Post
December 28th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Blessed Again!
We've had so many threads about what we were going to name our babies BEFORE they were born. Now, they are here! Does the name you chose suit your LO? Did it flow naturally for you, or did it take a while to get used to calling baby by name? Did you get any guff for the name?

It took us almost 2 days post-birth to decide on a name, and even then, I kept going back and forth. I almost called the birth certificate folks to change it later that night! It took me over a week to get used to calling her by name, it never seemed to magically roll off of my tongue, but now, I think it fits. I would call her by a few other names we had on our list, even the ones DH liked and I hated, and nothing magically seemed IT, but her name suits her best of all, I think. So, it took us a while to get used to calling her by name, I still stumble to it a bit, but nothing else is a better name!

I know our families aren't CRAZY about the name, but they would never say it. My mom says it's our choice, it's our baby, and the name isn't awful and she's beautiful, so she loves the name because she loves the girl it's attached to! Seems to be the sentiment. Some strangers will jump enthusiastically at how different it is, and others will just give me that fake smile and go, "oh... what a beautiful girl!" Eh, whatever

Kids call her by name quite easily, and her NN is Peanut, so

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!

Last edited by redbirds; December 28th, 2013 at 01:30 PM.