Topic: Baby Names...
View Single Post
December 28th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Loving my babies. :)
My family is crazy. My mom was not a fan of Colleen because its the name of her ex-husband's mother (my grandmother...but I've not seen my bio dad or her since I was like 8), which honestly I did not know until after we'd chosen the name. The name I thought was her name was not....she went by her middle name, Colleen is actually her first name. My dad wasn't the biggest fan of Kevin because he said all the Kevins he has known were troublemakers. Good thing I don't give a c-rap about what anyone thinks! No one has has had anything bad to say, and most say its a good combo.

I think their names suit them well, and can't imagine them being called anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryLimeade View Post
Ha our DDC has Laila, Lila, Lilah, is there another I'm forgetting?

I don't know if y'all remember, but I was deadset on Lilah months ago and didn't tell anyone[! Not even DH, cause he just said no to every name I suggested. I waited and got what I wanted

It's still funny calling her by name, but not so bad. It was much weirder with my son, who we didn't name until a week old. But I adore his name now - Nicholas.
I have a 3-year-old Lyla. It and its variations are so popular now. It's crazy. We named her after a song by our favorite band (Oasis)...lol..little did we know it'd be so trendy.