View Single Post
January 1st, 2014, 12:11 PM
Courtney
So, I have a rather embarrassing and sensitive problem. I hate to even say it, because I feel like I'm admitting that something is wrong with me, but sex really only feels good during my fertile period, and the rest of the time it actually hurts quite a bit, and I have no idea why. It feels soooo good right before O but then a few days later it's burning and stinging and just, ouch. I guess I should be thankful my DH has a somewhat low sex drive, because I don't know what I would do. I can handle it now because we really don't DTD more than once or twice a week, and sometimes we go further between, and then we have a BD marathon when it's the right time

I tried to talk about this to my OB/GYN but she really didn't say much. She asked if it was pelvic pain (I assume she was wondering about possible endo?) but I said, no, it's the skin itself that hurts, usually mostly on the outside area, but somewhat on the inside too (hard to explain lol). I just assume I don't produce adequate lubrication, but even when we use lube it still hurts--it's not as bad, but it's definitely still very uncomfortable for me. Sometimes it doesn't hurt as bad DURING the act, but as soon as it's over I notice the stinging... but other times it hurts the entire time.

I just don't know what to do. It's a really embarrassing and super frustrating thing for me, because I feel like I'm supposed to enjoy sex, but I just...don't, most of the time. And I want to! I have probably a higher sex drive than DH but I just avoid it as much as I can because of the stupid pain.

Anyone else have issues with this? I've looked up possible reasons that would cause painful intercourse, and for the most part they don't really seem like they would apply to me. I guess poor lubrication makes the most sense, since it really is mostly a chafing-type feeling. I'm likely going to discuss it again with my OB/GYN at my next appointment, so hopefully I will get some answers then.
Married in August 2012. TTC #1 ever since.
May 2014: Finally got our BFP!!!