View Single Post
January 2nd, 2014, 08:46 AM
Super Mommy
Yup. I am just praying that this baby arrives safe and sound because I really don't want to have to explain how or why the universe can be so cruel to a 5 or 6 year old who is SO openly excited to be a big brother. He has no clue that I had the m/c in March. As far as he knew, dad was out of town the same week that my belly really hurt and Grandma Next Door carried a laundry bucket of clothing over and slept at our house. To him, it was a sleep over and he got to sleep in dad's spot in our bed and Grandma watched tv with us every night. Life is good.

I really didn't want to tell DS until about April. I'm not a small person. I'm embarrassed to say that I was 290 when I got pregnant this 3rd time. With DS I was 240 when I got pregnant (after losing 40 lbs) and I didn't have a "cute belly" or ANY obvious baby bell until I was 7months along. As far as my figure looks right now, I think it just looks like I haven't set down the bag of oreos in a few weeks... I figured April was a good chunk of the pregnancy behind us and plenty of time to still anticipate the baby, but DH wanted to tell everyone at Xmas anyway. I honestly figured that it would make a lot more sense to DS that there was a baby in there if he could knock on the belly and someone inside could knock back. But I accommodated DH's holiday plans, and now I have this terrible anxiety at times that something bad will happen and I find that prayers for peace and calm have been very helpful in taking that anxiety away. Especially at night when I am having trouble sleeping.