View Single Post
January 3rd, 2014, 10:47 AM
Regular
Hello,
My name is Nina and my husband is Mark. We had been trying to conceive for over 2 years. I was always irregular with my menstrual cycles. I went on birth control for a couple years and when I got off of it I didn't get a period on my own, so after 8 months I went to the doctor because I really wanted to have a baby. We ended up working with RSC (Reproductive Science Center) and the plan was IUI. I had to take meds to get a period, then meds to ovulate. I did this multiple times because I just wouldn't ovulate. They finally found the combo of meds that worked and we made it to the end and did the IUI on Dec. 17. Then 2 weeks later I went to the doc for a pregnancy test and found out on New Years Eve that it had worked! My Hcg was 167 and 2 days later I believe it was about 300. Does anyone else know what their numbers were? Just curious for the fun of it.
I am just over 2 weeks pregnant, but since it seems to count from the first day of your last period, I guess I am just over 4 weeks. I haven't had any morning sickness or any major symptoms yet. I do get constipated at night and it is uncomfortable and sometimes painful. I also started getting little pains usually on the left side right under my ribs. It has been on and off but lasted most of the night last night. I think this is normal. Has anyone else experienced this?
Anywho, I am super excited (and nervous thinking about the labor part - lol). Also a bit overwhelmed thinking about everything I want/need to do before the baby comes. That includes stuff around the house, thinking of names, etc.
Thanks! and Congrats to everyone else who found out they are pregnant!!!!!!
~Nina~