View Single Post
January 4th, 2014, 05:52 AM
One happy mama
There are no decent options under $75 - sorry. I would recommend a combination seat which is a harnessed FFing seat that eventually turns into a booster. She probably has outgrown the Cosco one already - if her shoulders are over the highest shoulder height, she can't ride in it again. She is also not old enough to ride in a booster with just the seat belt until age 5-6.

Here are my recommendations from least to most expensive.

Evenflo Maestro - around $80 - will get her to size 6-7 shirt or 50lbs - does turn into a booster but it is a short booster, so you will need to buy another high back booster once she outgrows it around size 7 shirts
Harmony Defender - around $100 at Walmart only - will get her to size 7 shirt or 65lbs - does turn into a long lasting booster so this might be the last seat she'd ever need - most cost effective option
Evenflo SecureKid 300 or 400 - around $110-120 - will get her to size 7 shirt or 65lbs - does turn into a long lasting booster (not as long as the Defender) so you might need a $15 backless booster in 4-5 yrs
Graco Nautilus - around $120-$130 - will get her to size 7 shirt or 65lbs - does turn into a long lasting booster (not as long as the Defender) so you might need a $15 backless booster in 4-5 yrs
Britax Frontier - around $200 - will get her to size 10ish shirts or 80-90lbs (depending on model) - is the highest booster on the market so this would definitely be the last seat she'd ever need - downside is price and the fact that this seat is way overkill for most kids because of its longevity

If I were you, I would go with the Defender. It is a great seat for the value. I'm sorry that there's nothing cheaper than that, but $100 will be spread over 7-8 yrs until she is out of a booster.