Topic: Colic:/
View Single Post
January 4th, 2014, 05:00 PM
servantoftheKing
We went to the doctor yesterday and he agreed that it sounded like colic but wanted me to watch out 1) if the fussiness begins to spread into other parts of the day or 2) she has mucus in her stools.

As soon as I got home her stool was dark green and seemed to be mucusy. Also her stools are very gassy and explosive, bless her heart She's also started being fussy more during the day too. I'm having a hard time accepting that it may be a dairy allergy because it is going to take quite a bit of label reading and research to cut it out completely. I've thought a lot about giving up nursing and going to formula because I'm getting so desperate.

I also read an article about a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance at feedings that I think could be my problem too. My milk comes out so fast that she chokes on it and I read that if the baby gets too much foremilk they will have issues similar to a milk allergy. I'm going to try pumping a tiny bit before putting her on and see if she levels off. I'm also going to check with a lactation consultant and follow up again with my doctor first thing on Monday.

Born Tuesday December 3rd, 2013 at 3:11pm
8 lbs 7 oz, 21 inches long