Topic: Hi there
View Single Post
January 4th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Love the life you live.
Hi all! My name is Jess. I'm 35 and expecting my 3rd child (5th pregnancy, 2 early losses). I didn't want to just randomly comment without introducing myself.

I have two children, 3 and 2 and very much looking forward to the new addition. I didn't think I'd ever have another baby but I guess God had other plans.

A little about me... I'm a software engineering consultant and autism advocate. My daughter (3) has autism. She's amazing. I'm facing this as a single mom as this was unplanned (I was on the pill) and the baby's father isn't someone I can envision myself spending my life with. He wants us to get married but I can't... I can't set myself or my children up to live in a completely unhealthy environment because it's the "right thing to do." He has a lot of mental health issues and that adds to his insecurities which leads to controlling... You get the picture. I'm ok with it. I'm strong, I have a great network of friends for support when I need it and I know I'm doing what is right for me and my children. All of them.

I'm in the process of moving into my dream home... I can't wait! I found it before I got the BFP. It has 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms and a kitchen with an island big enough I could sleep on it. Comfortably. Which I may end up doing someday with 3 very small children in the house... LOL

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. I DO have a question... For all of you who have had children before, are you finding this pregnancy to be harder on you than before? There are days (most actually) that I think this baby is trying to kill me. The fatigue and nausea are absolutely debilitating. Is this common as we get older? I was NEVER this sick in my previous pregnancies. Yeah I felt like crap but I could function. Now I can barely manage to get out of bed.... *sigh* It will pass, right??? LOL

Proud mom of 2 beautiful children (and one on the way!), Desiree (3) and Austen (2). Desiree has autism but that just adds to her sparkle.

06/2007 10/2008 ~Gone but not forgotten.~

Software engineering consultant and state autism advocate.