Topic: Legal Counsel
View Single Post
January 6th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by plan4fate View Post
i'm hoping it's a slam dunk all around.
Thanks.

We talked to Owen last night. He is, as we expected him to, beginning to forgive her. He has expressed a desire to spend more than 3 hours a week with her. This is also due to the fact that she does not contact him at all during the week, and soccer has not been in session for the last month. I'm sure he's missing her.

However, we spoke with our lawyer about the possibility of a midweek dinner at her parents house, and he advised us, at least for right now, against it.

He said, the judge gave her 3 hours a week for a reason. And she isn't even utilizing it. I know that it's hard because Owen has mentioned he'd like it, but see how it goes when soccer starts back up again and he sees her more consistently. If you give her more time now it's just going to hurt our case that he should be with you guys full time.

Let me add that once we do, (If we win,) have Owen full time.. at any point that he expresses that he misses her or wants to spend more time with her, at that point it will be up to us, and it's something we will allow. There's just too much riding on our actions right now.

It may not SEEM like it's in Owen's best interest to deny him extra time right now, but overall, in the long run, it will be.

Eric and BM have their parenting conference tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.