Topic: Well Darn...
View Single Post
January 7th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Julie, the low one on Sunday was a fluke as it's only been low (not that low) once before during this pregnancy.
I was hoping to be able to find a good balance of meds to get the morning ones more stable (this morning they were 82 which is perfect, but the other day I had one as high as 133, 33 points to high). At least it will only be for 3 months and I understand why they don't want to keep letting me try diet and medicine to keep them down. Each week as I get further along the hormones cause my sugars to elevate and there is only so much medicine they'll allow before going to insulin. My old doctor was going to recommend doing a combination of glyburide and metaforim, but I guess each doctor is different.
My appointment is this afternoon. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the encouragement, I'm a little nervous about the insulin. Not because of the shots (I already have to poke my fingers 4 times a day), but because I'm worried I might get to low again. But I'll discuss that with her today.