View Single Post
January 8th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing fancy- just long sleeve tops/onesies, pants, socks, and when she'll stand it and not eat them, soft shoes for an extra layer on the tootsies. Or one piece outfits with or without feet attached. Most of her clothes are plain ol cotton. Sometimes on really chilly days at home she'll wear a Carter's microfleece jammie set with the footies attached.

When we go out (to daycare or errands) I'll often put a little cardigan sweater and fleecy hat on her for the car and for the parking lot. I never put bulky clothes on either of the kids in car seats since it isn't as safe. So there is always a 5-10 minute warm up for the car (engine AND interior) before we go out. I'd hate to put them in the car when it's only single digits out with no coats. She'll usually have a blanket or extra pocket sling over her legs. Sometimes I'll put on her mittens.

We went out sledding as a family this weekend and it ws Ingrid's first time out in the snow. I layered her up in a normal long sleeve/pant outfit, with a microfleece PJ on top and then her fuzzy pink snowsuit and hat on top of that. She was totally toasty the whole 2 hours we were out in 30-35* weather. She was all smiles and giggles and bouncing by the end! We also put vaseline on both the kids' faces to help with wind protection.