View Single Post
January 8th, 2014, 02:49 PM
This is a really hard situation to be in, but don't let it get the better of you! You're obviously level headed enough to make the decisions that are truly best for you and your children...listen to your instinct and intuition as a mother because from what I can tell it seems to be spot on. In life, we always encounter curve balls that we aren't expecting, but you seem to be in a prime position for handling them with grace. Those red flag behaviors can be unsettling because you never know what they could turn into. That being said, I agree with MerinSun that keeping track of his behaviors and any incidents that arise might be a good idea. Having documentation is not going to hurt. In the end, you may have spent time jotting things down for nothing, but if necessary, you have something that allows you to say, "Look, this is not a healthy situation for my baby, my other children, or myself, and here's why." And, as much as we all sometimes dream about that perfect situation...marriage and a family and what not and so forth...sometimes it's a blessing. Even though you are pregnant and faced with a potentially difficult situation, you are saved some complications by the fact alone that you aren't married to him, at least. Like you said, focus on the present. Take things one day at a time and deal with them as they come!