View Single Post
September 14th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hello everyone! First off I want to say that I am majorly inpressed by all of your dedication to your children to homeschool, and do the amazing things you do daily to help your children learn! You are all wonderful mothers and teachers! So, I figured i'd get some good advice about teaching my two young children. My kids are almost 3, almost 2, and 5 months. My almost 3 year old is very bright, loves to learn, and is always asking me to do "school" work with her. My son, on the other hand, though very bright, couldn't care any less about sitting and learning, he'd rather run around and play with his cars and trucks, which is fine! I'd love to start some kind of homeschooling preschool with them, but am not sure where to start. We have a few learning toys, such as Leap Frog Little Touch, which I will say they really aren't crazy about. Can you tell me what is the best way to go about teaching letters and numbers, what types of toys and such are good or them to learn from, and also if anyone has any advice on how to start teaching them simple Spanish, I would lvoe to hear you suggestions! My DD loves Dora, and has learned a few spanish words, so i'd like to continue ith a better route than just Dora! My DH's sie of the family is part Spanish so I thin it'd be great for her to know! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Have a great day!

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!