View Single Post
January 11th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Give the kids their own space to play in, be it a toy room, their bedroom or a corner of the living room and make it off limits to him, until after they are done playing, them let him clean if he so chooses. I'd make it darn clear to him that they are YOUR children and they are to be treated in the way you see fit. I'd also mention it to him that if your daughter keeps telling her teacher that daddy is always mad and spanks her, that could eventually turn into a CPS call. Maybe not, but is it worth the risk? If me and my DH ever split and I found another man, no way would I allow a man to do that to my kids, and a spanking? I dont think so........DH would be the same way with any women he ended up with.

There has to be a middle ground somewhere. I only know one mom with OCD for cleanliness and she tries to clean and organize WHILE her kids are playing with the toys and it's always a fight, it's sad really. Shes not a bad mom, just has to loosen up because kids can and do make messes. Especially the little ones. Their minds arent as developed as ours, we need to understand that.