View Single Post
January 12th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel like such a bad board member. I really need to scroll through and comment on everyone else's posts more. I promise I read them all and stuff and I will do better to comment on them. I swear once this whole ordeal with BM is over, hopefully things settle down lol. I feel like a perpetual episode of Jerry Springer.

Anyways, Our lawyer sent this to BM, so I wanted to share. We still have not heard back, she actually has not responded to any of our lawyers emails. I think she's pouting.

Quote:
I am writing you on behalf of my client, Eric Lastname. He would like to reach a settlement

out of court in the very near future.

A couple of considerations guide this desire. First, based upon your mutual success in

achieving a settlement in the past, Eric is optimistic that both of you can negotiate

together in good faith and develop a workable and sensible plan. Second, as you know,

going to trial will not only require time and money-better spent, in my opinion, on Owen-
but it will also empower the judge, not you and Eric, to be the primary decision-maker.

My preference, instead, is for you and Eric to jointly decide the best interests of Owen.

Additionally, I think a settlement by you and Eric will fully reflect your concerns and

objectives better than a unilateral judicial ruling.

If you are agreeable to a settlement, I would like your specific thoughts on certain

matters. Feel free, if you like, to explain why you think your proposal best serves the

needs of Owen, which is, after all, the overriding legal purpose of this settlement. Please

share your approaches to the following:

1. Legal Decision-making - sole or joint. In determining the level of decision-making

that is in the child's best interests, the court considers the factors prescribed in Arizona

Revised Statutes section 25-403, subsection A, and section 25-403.

2. Parenting time - supervised or not; frequency; duration; supervisor; where

3. Other time - soccer games, grandparents, etc.

4. Drug testing - agency; scope; cooperation; cost; frequency and duration; positive/

diluted/missed test; reporting

5. Rehab - where; when; duration; reporting

My goal is to incorporate your ideas with Eric's ideas. I would like both you and Eric to

be comfortable with the agreement.

Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
I love our lawyer.