View Single Post
January 13th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsofsummer View Post
Great update, Jen. The differences between UK's health care system and the US's is so interesting to me. I can't remember, is your maternity leave very good? Mine is pretty poor at 6 paid weeks off.

Do you have any names picked out?

I'm also sorry to hear about DH's grandfather but at least he didn't suffer long.
We have great maternity leave over here in comparison - I don't mention too often as I can imagine it would annoy you US mums! I'm entitled to a whole 12 months off work - 6 months at full pay, 3 months at half pay and another 3 months at zero pay. Luckily we can afford for me to take off the last 3 months between DHs salary and money i'm hoping to save whilst off. It will actually work out that i'm off for almost 13 months as I accrue holidays during maternity leave so will have 5 weeks off annual leave to tag on at the end of my statutory maternity leave.

Name wise - we have a handful of names we like but are pretty set on not choosing one until he arrives, we want to meet him and see what he looks like first. We'll be going pretty traditional on names though, whatever we end up going with.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!