View Single Post
January 13th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was going to suggest meds and a counselor, but I see you already have that. So hugs to you.
It (sadly) can be very normal for anyone, but especially someone who's suffered a loss. You're not a crackpot at all. We can't help the way we feel, only how we deal with it and move forward.
What helped me early on (I know you're not early on anymore, but should still apply) is to either pick up a new hobby or get going on one you already have (puzzles, books, catching up on a show you love, scrapbooking, etc). Keep your mind busy. Also I found a lot of comfort coming here to 'talk' to these ladies, they helped when I couldn't talk to anyone IRL (because none of my friends have suffered losses and I didn't want to freak DH out to much).
As for the baby stuff, I was the same way. To afraid to buy anything. I've still only bought 2 bibs and 1 toy, but friends have given us so much I already have a lot. I just remind myself to enjoy being pregnant today. None of us know what will happen tomorrow, but today I can enjoy this life and feeling my LO kicking around. I can plan (working on my nursery mural sketches a lot lately since I can't paint it yet). But I still haven't picked out a name (or at least let myself tell anyone the name I really want, even DH), or bought any furniture.
It's a process, a day-by-day kinda thing.
You're so close now I hope you're able to enjoy the last few weeks. Can you see your counselor more if you need to?
And lastly - congratulations on your little boy