View Single Post
January 13th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post
Good on your lawyer! I hope this wraps up quickly for you all.
We sent her:

Quote:
BM,

As of today, my attorney has sent you two emails. He has contacted me today, and notified me that you have failed to reply to either one.

The first email, as you are aware, was asking you if you were going to be represented by counsel at the evidentiary hearing. Since you have not yet disclosed a notice of appearance to myself or our attorney, am I correct to assume you will be representing yourself?

Secondly, the email he sent you on Friday was, as you know, inquiring into the possibility of settling outside of court. I agree with the Judge in that you and I are much better equipped to decide what is in Owen's best interests right now, as opposed to him making those decisions, never having even met Owen.

Communication is important through all of this, BM. Ignoring our attorneys attempts to communicate with you is only showing your disinterest in cooperation. Even if you intend to go to trial and not settle out of court, my attorney needs to be able to communicate with you, as per the court order, to not only complete his deposition, but to create pre-trial statements.

Ignoring this will not make it go away.