View Single Post
January 15th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne78 View Post
Wow that is a lot for therapy. Akadia's speech therapy was only 1 hour, once a week and that felt like a lot. I was always scrambling to clean the house but by the end of the year, I just pushed stuff aside when the therapist came over. What does the ABA therapy consist of?
ABA therapy is used for kids with autism. Basically they are going to work with her on the things she has problems with like bathtime, brushing hair, getting dressed, her food issues, potty, lots of things! Pretty much all of these things cause daily meltdowns, I'm talking like ear piercing screams from her. The other night was a 40 minute ordeal over a taco not being folded the "right" way.

Last night was interesting, she went screaming across the house when they walked in, but after 15 minutes was unusually well behaved. I'm sure by the end of the week the real Carly will show up. It's a little weird having someone in your house through dinner and bathtime though, but I guess as long as they can help her I'll learn to deal with it!