View Single Post
January 16th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post
Honestly, I would stop trying to justify and explain and reason with her right now. Y'all have stated your goals and explained where you're coming from already, and continuing to do it isn't going to make her anymore cooperative, KWIM? I mean, it's certainly not going to hurt you here - it just seems like a lot of emotional energy to keep putting into it to say things you've already said. I hope that makes sense.

Seriously, though. Your lawyer is right - she's either got representation (in which case, your lawyer would contact hers directly and he needs that contact information) or she doesn't and she's just consulting, in which case *she* needs to respond to your attorney directly. I'm assuming her brother's girlfriend as a paralegal or legal secretary or something? My honest guess is bm is either bull****ting or stalling or hasn't reached out to them at all yet, because any paralegal or legal secretary would know that too.

It's so much fun when they make simple processes complicated and drawn out.
Eric and I pretty much decided that we're done trying to reason with her. We wanted to show a solid effort at getting her to communicate. We will have plenty of exhibits for the trial, and plenty of evidence to use. She is all the sudden trying to be mom of the year, patting herself on the back when she shows up to visitation on time.

Owen is getting an award at school for outstanding behavior for the last 3 months, and we told her she can come. She called Eric and left him a VM and was all, "Should I bring one of my parents to act as supervisor, or were you gonna be there?" Like really?! We've done EVERYTHING for Owen for the last 3 months, why WOULDNT we be there? The way she says things is so ridiculous too. Like, "Oh of course I'll be there.. were you gonna make it too?" Whatever.

The lawyer she is referring to is her brothers girlfriends coworker. Her brother just got full custody of his own kids with the help of this lawyer, because HIS ex is an alcoholic. She has like next to no visitation. It baffles me that this guy is going to help her fight the opposite battle, and that her brother feels morally okay with that. But like I said before, the brother seems to be fed up with her, so I'm not surprised that she hasn't been able to show a notice of appearance yet. The lawyer might have said, "Actually try to be there for your kid and I'll consider representing you."

She just sent Owen a text that says, "I will be there for you tomorrow!" One thing the counselor told her was her words don't mean **** anymore and it's her actions that are going to make things right.