View Single Post
January 20th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Super Mommy
Rebecca,
I want to encourage you again that you do not need to feel guilty to be excited. Many, many of us were very poor starting out. Our babies were not born into wealth, luxury, and financial stability. But guess what? That's a temporary phase of your life, and your baby will never remember it. It will be a lot of work, and not easy, but there are so many great financial aid programs and colleges are excellent at working with people to help ensure you can finish. You do not need to decide between your child's life and finishing school.

We can't ever predict the future. Those of us in 'good' positions to have children don't know if by the time the child is born we'll still be that same position. You can't predict what your boyfriend will do or what your life will look like in five years. All you can do is take what you know about yourself and what your heart desires and choose your path. Then be strong, don't give up when it's hard, become your baby's champion. I just long to save you from pain and regret at ending this baby's life when you already are in love with it! Don't let other people's ideas of what your bank account should say force you to make a decision you don't want to make. You've got 8 months to get things in order, maybe buying a few baby necessities each month to prepare, talking with your college advisor, looking into in campus childcare, etc. That's plenty of time to get all your ducks in a row before you're toting around a sweet little bundle.

Thanks for updating us and I'm glad your appointment went well.