View Single Post
January 21st, 2014, 09:41 AM
TTC the newfashioned way
My Lucy is back!!! YAY!!!! Good luck Lucy! I know 2014 will be OUR year
AFM, getting cramps so AF is looming...no big surprise as we were on a break. I'm not sure when I start bcps or estrogen, they said to call with my Feb cycle, but I might call them this month, to make sure they know it's not going to be till the end of Feb before AF comes.

I talked with a lady that is working with the THRIVE Study. It offers a free IVF cycle and meds to women who qualify. I'm going to go through this cycle and see what happens and if it doesn't work, I'm going to apply for the study (if this cycle doesn't screw me up!) YOu have to have 3 failed IVF's - at least 2 fresh cycles and at least 5 follicles retrieved each time (I had 11 and then 5 the last two fresh) so praying I dont' get a cycle with 4 eggs this time to bump me out of the study! The only thing I'm not sure of Antral follicle count. I have to have at least 10. The other cycles I had 6 and 9. Although the one cycle I got 11 eggs, so I had to have had some more in there than they counted!

They will also do the blood testing for miscarriage panel and blood clotting issues testing all for free.

I guess it's hard to qualify for, but the only thing for me, if the bloodwork comes back okay is my AFC. At least I have a backup...I would have to travel to chicago (6 hours away) for all the treatment...but if it's free, heck!

It's testing out a new shot that helps women implant up to 50% better. I can post more about it later if anyone is interested in reading. OH, and the best is at this clinic, they don't use Bravelle (they prefer Gonal-F), so she sent me 15 vials that they had around the office! I just had to pay for shipping! She also told me about the Compassionate care program to get free meds (she said that I can take the bravelle I have and Gonal F, just alternating days, and with the compassionate care program they offer cetrotide instead of Ganirelix. I guess they are the same drug, but Cetrotide is powder you mix yourself and ganirelix is premixed)...so I'm going to apply for this program for free meds.

I"ll post links later in case anyone is interested.

Link to compassionate care application: https://fertilitylifelines.com/sites...areforms_0.pdf
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

Last edited by *Leah*; January 21st, 2014 at 10:00 AM.