View Single Post
January 22nd, 2014, 07:41 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Erin, were your other 2 girls just naturally better sleepers? I feel like my son was. So I'm kind of like a fish out of water with Lexi. She hasn't responded comsistently to my attempts at cry it out, so I've pretty much given up that method. I found it too hard to continue because it was stressing me out and waking my son up every night. Now I just go in and feed her in the middle of the night. She's basically down to one night waking a night, though, so it hasn't been too bad. For naps I will do cry it out because I know I have just fed her so she's not hungry. And I know she's tired so eventually she will fall asleep. She usually does within 30 min.

The fact that Lilah has trouble night sleeping and also naps poorly during the day doesn't surprise me. They actually go together. I've heard that poor day sleep contributes to poor night sleep. She's overtired by the time bedtime rolls around. Sleep begets sleep. If you want better nights, work on her daytime sleep. Find a sleep training method that you are comfortable with. Because at this point you need to teach her - she is not just going to get it via osmosis. Apply your method during the day first, and be consistent with it for 2 weeks. That's the only thing I can recommend at this time!

Also, a while back I remember you were trying some method with naps and had some success. You let her fuss for a little bit? What happened with that?

Last edited by kary4; January 22nd, 2014 at 07:45 PM.