View Single Post
January 22nd, 2014, 07:43 PM
Hiya!
My daughters sleep at 5 months was super-similar to your daughters. We did the midnight-7 then up for a couple hours, then back down for a nap (1-2hr). And any attempt to move the bedtime (since I was up with my boys anyway by 7am) resulted in her thinking it was a "nap" and then just staying up even later.

She got better by 7 months (9pm bedtime, wake at midnight, cosleep til 7am). But now we are 8.5mo and something is going on. She won't sleep much suddenly. I thought it was her ears because we missed a week of chiro appt. But the doc checked and her ears are clear. So maybe we are looking at teeth. Not sure. But I hope we head back to decent sleep soon.

I do think Evelyn's sleep seems pretty typical of her age. I think as long as the routine is there, she will learn those sleep cues and when she can put them in place earlier, she will. I don't think you need to worry about not doing something or missing something important. Seems like you laid the groundwork and now it's up to her. Hang tight and maybe it's coming soon.