Topic: Xanax
View Single Post
January 24th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missa_Mae View Post
Personally - I would not recommend Xanax during pregnancy. I believe it's a Class D med (or X - I don't remember) which means it's been proven to affect the baby.

However, with that said I do know some Doctor's "ok" it for very very rare use during pregnancy - as long as you are carefully watched/monitored.

I would be very open and honest about your meds with your OB. You'd be surprised how may Antidepressants are now considered "safe" during pregnancy with very low/little risk of long term effects.

I took a very low dose of Zoloft during my pregnancy and although my daughter was 4 weeks early (they assured me it wasn't from the Zoloft) - she was perfectly healthy and has hit every milestone thus far.

Good luck
I took zyprexa and zoloft when I was pregnant with my son and he had a multitude of problems. I believe my meds played a part in his problems.

I know there are meds out there that are "safe" to take when you are pregnant but I would read up on anyone you take, regardless of what your doc says. My doc said zyprexa was safe and come to find out there was a major lawsuit against them for causing diabetes. I had very high blood sugars with him and I remember trying to talk to my doc about the zyprexa but it wasn't in her little book and she apparently doesn't know how to use the internet. I guess my point is, look into options that are safe and that you feel comfortable with, and then talk to your doctor about it.

Are you trying to lose weight or get in shape? Stop by the Mommy Fitness board and say hello.

Friend me on Facebook!