View Single Post
January 24th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Administrator
I'm seriously thinking about weaning off my lithium. I have been taking it for over a year now and yeh, it may have made my mood swings a little better but I still feel like my bipolar is not under control. My moods change every few days. When I am on the manic/hypomanic side I have alot of energy and a ridiculous sex drive. But then I will get depressed, out of nowhere, and feel severely depressed/suicidal at times. I have tried a number of medications over the years and lithium is the only one that really helped at all, and now I don't feel like it is doing much.

My problem is, I miss pills more often than I should. I try very hard not to and certainly don't do it on purpose. I've tried putting my pills in a weekly pill box and I still forget. I wake up the next morning just to see I forgot to take Tuesday night's pills. I've put an alarm on my phone and I still miss pills. I just get busy and forget. It's not purposely forgetting. So, anyway, when I talk to my doc about things he just acts like an @## an says well of course your moods are bad you're not taking your pills. I am tired of being lectured by him.

I guess my problem is I don't think the lithium is working for me and I don't think he's going to see it that way. I am also supposed to be taking risperidol and I don't like to take it. It makes me gain weight and I don't want to take it. I think if I talk to him he's just going to bug me about taking my current medicines and they weren't working well for me even when I was taking them faithfully. I am just really frustrated because I am starting to think there just aren't meds that really help.

I went years without taking medication and to be honest my moods are not in any better control now than they were when I wasn't taking meds, so I just am feeling like trying life without them again. Or option B, I may go look for a new doc. There just aren't many pyschiatrists around here and they take a while to get in to see.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!