View Single Post
January 25th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Hiya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbanegas View Post
I see my DS name is on the list (Dominic) I like a lot of the names, but I just can't have something TOO common. Could you imagine sharing your name with people in your class?
Yep...cause I did! And I'm not emotionally scarred from it In fact, it was pretty fun! Statistics prove that even if your child (like my oldest) is given a top-5 name, they will be unlikely to have the same fate as the Ashley's, Jennifer's, and Jessica's of the 80s and 90s. Each popular name is given to less than half the number of children as the most popular names from the 80s and 90s. I'm not too worried.

My oldest sons name has done nothing but increase in popularity since we chose it (back at #75 popularity). It's only aggravating because its getting redundant. I love the name itself, but am tired of hearing it. Same as with what happened with Aiden. But, it fits my kid and I am not one to believe that he will have issues with having a popular name. My younger children's names aren't on the list at all. And I'll be surprised if they do show up in the future. But stranger things have happened