View Single Post
January 26th, 2014, 05:26 AM
Super Mommy
I remember when I was first diagnosed, it felt as good as a death sentence. All I heard was "infertile". It's not so bad though, you learn to deal with it. One of my close friends has PCOS too and she conceived naturally. My mom has it and conceived 5 naturally. I have conceived once but it was unfortunately a chemical pregnancy.

Will they be running more tests than just your LH/FSH levels? Testosterone, insulin, glucose, cholesterol and prolactin are a few of the tests they ran for me. She also did an internal scan to check for cysts.

A low GI diet and an hour of cardio a day does wonders in bringing ovulation on! I am just too darn lazy to stick with it

Clomid alone would be great, that is our next plan of action after the wedding. I don't know much, if anything, about IUI's but I hope you have success with it!

For me personally, the biggest thing I needed to prep myself for was the very high miscarriage rate (around 65%). Metformin helps to greatly reduce that risk though and it has also shown to help ovulation. I am on it but will be increasing to a stronger dosage at my appt. in Feb, as my dosage right now is just not strong enough for my body.

Good luck and please keep us updated!!

My Ovulation Chart