View Single Post
January 28th, 2014, 08:33 AM
2 sons, 3 angel babies
i do this all the time but figured i should pass it along for anyone else that wants to try it.

i have naturally oily hair, but the heat, coloring, etc damages it so there are times i look real good ... damaged ends and oily roots. so i needed a way to help protect my ends without making it look like i havent shampooed in three weeks. so i stumbled across olive oil.

i boil water and put it in a bowl. i pour the olive oil into a smaller bowl and let it sit in the boiling water (don't mix) until the oil heats up. then while taking a bath, i gather my hair in sections and dip the bottom 2-3in in the oil until all the ends are done. then i take my fingers, dip them in the oil and massage my scalp. at the very end i take any remaining oil and coat as much hair as possible (w/o saturating) and let it sit for about 15 min. this gives me plenty of time to shave, relax, etc.

after 15 min, i switch to a shower and run water through my hair for a minute or so. then i shampoo. just to make sure i don't leave too much residue, i shampoo twice. you don't have to condition after that (you probably shouldn't). towel dry and comb. you should notice how easy your hair is to comb. i like to blow my hair out after that treatment, but i don't put any other product in my hair because it could cause a build-up.

repeat about once a week or so (depending on how much heat/coloring etc that you do).

10/06/2008 - Miscarriage @ 6wks
12/08/2009 - Healthy Baby Boy
11/02/2011 - Healthy Baby Boy
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks