View Single Post
January 28th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3maybe View Post
As the mother of a 19 y/o, I have to say that statement rubs me the wrong way. You are pregnant, & expressing feelings of wanting your baby...and that's fine, I've been there (as a teen and a full-grown adult). However, I would encourage you to sit down & come up with a plan for keeping your baby, if that's what you want to do. But, make the plan realistic & not based on "your parents' wealth" and what YOU THINK may be their ability & willingness to spend their disposable income helping YOU take care of YOUR baby.

Again, as a mother of a child around your age, and in such a situation, I would be better willing to support my child (after some yelling, cussing & fussing...just because there shouldn't be so many "oopsies" in 2014) who had a well-thought out plan of how they will eventually become fully self-sufficient & take full responsibility for their child.

Just my $.02.

Good luck in your decision & future endeavors.
As a mother of a 21yr old and a 19yr old, and all the way down to 3.5mo old, I disagree. I believe the orignal poster is trying to say that her parents could possibly help out if she decided to keep the baby. If it came down to money,and I was able to help my kids, I would hate myself if they chose abortion strictly for the sake of money. My job as a mother go's on for the rest of my life to be there for my kids when they need it most.......this would be one of those situations. At the age of 23, they don't need a lecture or to be treated like they are 16. They need support, mentally and financially if possible. While it is most ideal to have a plan set in place, the original poster may not be able to see past the stress of the moment. If her mother has the ability to help financially while she puts her plan in action, this is called "support".

To the origianl poster, Im sorry you find yourself in such difficult situation. Mothers across the world, through all of time, have been where you are at right now. We have the ability to make things work when we really want them too. Im sure in time, your plan, will fall into place and you will be able to provide a wonderful life for your baby. This is alot to absorb at the moment, especially for your bf. Give him some time/space. As mothers, our intuition starts the moment we find out were pregnant, your already 10 steps ahead of him. Take a deep breath, and don't feel bad for coming to mom/dad for help. If they have the ability and want to help, I encourage you to seek that! I would support my childs decision either way, thats what mothers do.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!