Topic: 1st pregnancy
View Single Post
January 28th, 2014, 11:48 PM
Hello all!

My name is Tenetrice, I'm 31, this is my first pregnancy (no miscarriages, abortions, etc) and I am E.X.C.I.T.E.D!! Can you tell? I am 8 weeks and 5 days and had my first Gyno visit today with a midwife (that was fabulous by the way...I almost wish she could deliver my baby, but I have an actual OBGYN that is going to deliver my baby on or around September 5 2014) she gave me a pap smear, took another urine sample, blood pressure, family history etc, BUT no vaginal sonogram! They said they didn't have the machine to do so and the GYNO that's doing the delivery is booked until March 6th! (thus, being the reason I went to the midwife today because I didn't want to wait until my 13th week to see my baby, fetus, blueberry, kidney bean, whatever I have) Unfortunately I have to anyway but by then at least I will hopefully, hear the heartbeat. I think I'm excited. Regrettably, I have not finished school for nursing and am not where I want to be in life right now. BUT, I figure it's my fault. The Lord gave me AMPLE amount of time to finish school and get my life together, but I choose to party and etc, but that's ok. I can only go forward, not backward and plan accordingly to continue to take the baby steps from LVN TO RN TO CRNA so my growing family can have the things most of us didn't.

I found out a few days ago I was pregnant (8 weeks 0 days) and unfortunately I had been drinking and actually had a drink a few hours before I found out, but the doctor said what I'm doing NOW is what matters. I wake up dizzy, but no real morning sickness. I also wake up with slight cramping, this morning it was the worse it's ever been. My sense of smell is through the roof, I frequent the bathroom a little more these days, my hunger has increased and at times is non existent did I mention I am about 260 pounds and was losing weight before I got pregnant but now I'm going to gain it right back..double BUT NO WORRIES! No matter what curve ball I am being thrown I always seem to knock it out the park. This should be no problem....RIGHT?!! I hope not...