View Single Post
January 31st, 2014, 03:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm trying not to let my head explode right now. Sigh. I'm not sure if you recall that my inlaws are pretty horrible.

Well, they hired DH's brother as their accountant. He is very crooked and it makes me incredibly nervous. I'm so scared DH and I are going to get audited because of his shoddy work, and I'm pretty sure if that happens we'll be on our own.

Last year BIL lied through his teeth on DH's taxes -- when I saw the paperwork I was horrified. Pretty much what happened is DH's parents made too much money, so to avoid paying taxes on it, they claimed that DH used a huge sum of it as his own income. DH, of course, never saw a penny of it. BIL did go ahead and give DH a certain amount of expenses (DH bought them a tractor that they are now refusing to reimburse him for). So, last year we didn't have to pay in despite all the messing around BIL did.

This made me incredibly uncomfortable. The entire situation was just absurd and it makes me really anxious to think the CRA (the Canadian tax people) are just going to show up on our door. This year DH demanded that he have his own taxes done properly by someone of his choosing.

Of course, they inflated his income and did not give him any expenses so this year we are going to have to pay in. We don't have any money. None.

Add to this, if we have to pay in, we are not going to receive the full amount of benefits from my leave from work for when the baby is born. So, we can't make ends meet without me working; but daycare is so expensive here and we live so far out -- my job will just barely pay enough to cover gas and daycare.

I really thought if we did cloth diapers and breastfeeding, we would be able to make it financially.

I wish these people were out of our lives completely. I can't believe they would do this to their own son/ brother.

I don't know what we're going to do

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!