View Single Post
February 4th, 2014, 07:11 AM
August 2014 DDC Co-Host
What's for dinner? Let's share new recipes we really like. I'll start us off this is a favorite in our house and we fix it pretty often.

Buffalo Chicken Wraps

Ingredients you'll need:

1lb boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes or thin strips (faijita size)
1/2-3/4 cup wing sauce...more or less to taste (Jim Beam's wing sauce is the best if you can find it)
1lb of bacon
2tbsp bacon drippings
2tbsp butter
Flour tortillas
16oz sour cream
Packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Fiesta Ranch packet (regular ranch is ok too but Fiesta Ranch is SO much better)
8oz Monterrey Jack cheese
Shredded lettuce (optional)

How to fix it:

First mix ranch packet and sour cream in a bowl with lid and refrigerate. Then cook bacon on medium high til crispy. Drain on paper towel. Crumble when cooled. Drain all drippings but 2tbsp. Cook chicken in drippings 10 mins uncovered. Cover chicken and cook another 10 mins. Stir in butter to melt, then wing sauce and bacon. Reduce to simmer and let the sauce soak in, around 5 mins. Place ingredients on tortilla with cheese, lettuce, and ranch.

With this recipe, we always fix with it these. I didn't give amounts on the ingredients because we never measure, just eyeball it. No amount is wrong. Just go with what you like.

Garlic Oven Fries

Ingredients you'll need:

Small red "new" potatoes (we usually fix about 1 1/2lbs)
Basil
Garlic salt (I suggest Lawrys)
Olive oil
Cooking spray

How to fix it:

Preheat oven to 500 degrees (no, not a typo lol). Cut potatoes into into wedges. Leave skin on. Toss potatoes with olive oil and coat thoroughly. Then add basil and garlic salt liberally and toss. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and place potatoes on cookie sheet. Bake 15-18 mins or til crispy on edges. These are also excellent with some of the Monterrey jack sprinkled on top and dipped in the ranch.

Hope you get a chance to try these and enjoy them as much as we do.

Last edited by PrincessMom08; March 4th, 2014 at 01:17 PM.