View Single Post
February 4th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry your DH said that. It wasn't nice at all. It sounds like you are handling Toren really well considering he wants to be attached to the breast 24/7. I recall with Ethan, when he was a newborn, he was so hard to settle down and cried a LOT. But then, that was his normal for his first year of life. I remember for the first week I had at least one emotional breakdown a day. Bawling because I couldn't get him to stop crying. Being a new mother is hard---heck being a second-time mother is hard. Motherhood is a HUGE challenge and takes more out of you than you think you have in you. But somehow you manage to survive it and hopefully your kids do too! You are attending to Toren's needs, no matter how much you cry, get cranky, or feel moody, you are taking good care of your baby. Now, if you were not feeding him adequately or were otherwise endangering his health or safety, THEN someone could tell you, "You can't handle him". But if it's just that you lost your cool? Pshaw, that's part of being a mom!
I like Schofield's SIL's perspective. It really makes sense.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12