View Single Post
February 4th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Marsi's Mommy
I knew that in some circles, my choice to do a 39 week induction would be frowned upon. I HATE it when people assume "Well, everything went fine with Marsi's birth at 40 weeks, so why?" Are you kidding me? Everything went FINE? In what world do you live in that my L&D with her was FINE? I am sorry, but I walked out of that hospital completely traumatized because of the cascade of crap that all stemmed from that L&D. Yes, I will do everything in my power to NOT go through that again. My *midwife* wouldn't have suggested it if it wasn't medically inclined in my situation. It ISN'T that I want to just be done and pick his birthday. I have legitimate reasons that I do NOT have to share just to get some stupid people's approval.

My host MIL is the one to say this to me. She knows most of the intimate details that I haven't shared outside of a few friends and family members. If she wasn't 3 states away right now, I would totally slap her. I understand acquaintances asking a simple why, that doesn't bother me unless they try to give me "advice". Everyone but her knew why it was brought up as an option and fully support me.

I know you ladies understand and support, even if it isn't something you would choose for yourself. I truly appreciate every one of you.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!