View Single Post
February 4th, 2014, 06:35 PM
I am a 21-year-old college student and in a stable, loving relationship with my boyfriend. Obviously, though, this pregnancy was a complete accident. I stopped taking birth control in December because of bad side affects. When our condom broke last month, I thought I had done everything right by taking the morning after pill. But lo and behold, it failed, and I found out I was pregnant several weeks later.

My boyfriend is very supportive and says he is on my side no matter what, but he also has admitted that with us being so young and at such an inconvenient time in our lives, it would probably be a mistake to keep it (or at least very, very difficult). I know he is right about this... but it hasn't made the decision any easier for me, and when it comes down to it, I am dreading the idea of going back to a clinic in a week to have an abortion. Most college girls would probably think I am crazy for even struggling with this decision, but I can't help it... it just feels so awful to me.

My parents have made their opinion clear: I need to "take care of it" as soon as possible (my mother and sister have both had abortions before themselves). I know I would completely alienate my family if I went against them, but I am just sooo conflicted....... not that I'm ready to be a parent, but I don't feel ready to terminate either.

Does anyone have advice or been in a similar situation??!! I feel very desperate and afraid... thank you.