View Single Post
February 6th, 2014, 07:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi all.
I'm sorry I haven't been around the last week and a half or so. I have been having a bit of a hard time, and needed to step away for a little bit. Especially from my ddc, the pics of all the new babies are exciting and scary all at once. Don't get me wrong, I am crazy happy for everyone and the new babies are sooo sweet. But I'm attached to all these ladies, and I'm just scared to read if something bad happens, and if I don't log in, I don't know, which makes it easier.

Anyway.
I had a check up last week, which showed my bp all up going nuts. So last week I did a 24 hour urine collection, and at this week's appt, we did a fetal nonstress test, along with the normal checks.
My urine showed my protein to be right at the line of too high, and my bp is still rising. She said it looks like the beginnings of preeclampsia, and now she wants to see me twice a week. She also said I'm 3 cm dilated already, so I could go any day. Which is great. I want him out here where I can check on him, and where my moody body can't hurt him!
Basically, the beginning of this preeclampsia is not hurting anything yet, and she's hoping he'll come on his own before I hit any real complications. I hate that we are waiting with that hanging over us, but I also know it's so close.

We went out last weekend and bought basically everything we'll need. In all, a bunch of clothes, blankets, bounce seat, a glider for me to rock him in, swing, pack and play, bedding set, bottles, diapers, etc etc. It felt like a ton, and was tiring. And now I'm surrounded by baby stuff, and wow. Feels insanely overwhelming. At least seeing my dr twice a week only leaves me a couple days in between to worry. That is making me feel much more secure. I just want to be done now!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26