View Single Post
February 10th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Super Mommy
I pray too that your boyfriend will be supportive. You do, like momof8lopez said, need to make your own wishes and feelings very clear to him and give him a chance to support you. Just hoping he'll guess that you need someone to tell you to do it won't work-- guys aren't mind readers as we all know . It will be challenging, none of us can pretend it won't be. But I want you to know that it's okay to choose the great and amazing rewards that those challenges bring with them and not to feel guilty about it. You can't stop your family from pressuring you and making you feel inadequate and like you have no choice. But you *can* choose to do what you want and embrace this pregnancy and this little baby and tell them that. If you put your foot down and tell them you know it won't be easy and you don't care, and ask for their support, they may come around. They also may not, but if what you truly want is to be this baby's mother and receive it into your arms, you're not going to be happy agreeing to the abortion and you will definitely feel negative feelings towards those who pressured you.

There are ways to make it work, it will be tight at first, but no baby minded having a secondhand stroller and no designer clothes. By the time your little son or daughter is old enough to know anything about it you'll be in a much more financially stable position. Please don't let money decide this for you, it's not something you'll look back on and think was the right choice.

Tonight, when your boyfriend is over, tell him the truth. Bare your soul. You're carrying his child, a baby made from your love, and you truly want to bring this baby into your life and make you a family. That is incredible, it's beautiful, and it's show stoppingly great. Don't mince words, don't be apologetic, just tell him how you feel. Ask him to be 110% behind you and his baby.

All the best for you. And please, don't give up. You will look back on this as a big life step for you one way or the other and I don't want you to have regrets.