View Single Post
February 11th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Super Mommy
I wanted to add that the difficulty right now is you see all the perceived negatives -- the things you're giving up, the things that you won't be able to do. But it's harder to see the positives, because they're not tangible yet. You can't even imagine the overwhelming joy and love you're going to feel for this baby and the deep emotions you're going to experience when they first put that little baby in your arms. Those things aren't tangible yet for you, but they are seriously going to blow your mind. On top of all that, you mention wanting to better yourself-- I can tell you that becoming a mom is the fast track to becoming more mature, more responsible, less selfish, and more patient. I know because I've been there! I had my daughter when I was 22. Like you, my husband and I were planning on waiting a few years to have kids. My daughter is about to turn 10 and she is a gem, a delight, and I'm tearing up right now just writing that I can't imagine life without her. I'm so glad my original plans didnt work out!

So it's totally normal to feel conflicted. It can take a while for an unexpected pregnancy to sink in. For now just relax, enjoy the excitement of your husband, and remember this is a little son or daughter who's going to be the light of your life .

I also encourage you to join a due date board here on just mommies to connect with other moms due the same month as you. You'll probably find other ladies are feeling similar things and the moms here are so supportive and encouraging. Best wishes and keep us posted!

Last edited by mamatomany; February 11th, 2014 at 11:12 AM.