View Single Post
February 13th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey ladies. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to update you earlier. I was able to get on Facebook on my DH's phone to post updates, but wasn't sure how to get on JM from there. I don't have a smartphone and his is brand new so he is still learning it too.
Anyway the surgery went great! It took about 3 hours, because they also wanted to check on his kidney at the same time. So they did a cystoscopy first and found that he only has one kidney on each side! I'm so glad to hear that because I had been told all along that from the imaging, it looked like it was double. So now it's normal!
They found the testicle right near where it needed to go so they didn't have far to take it to bring it down into the scrotum. They also found he had inguinal hernias on both sides so they repaired those while they were there. He has an incision in his scrotum for fixing the hernia, and the rest was laparoscopic so just a couple of little incisions on his abdomen.
We're home now, and he had a nice long nap while I took Ethan to the urgent care. He has had this cough that won't quit and it just got to the point where I felt he needed to be seen. They sent him home with antibiotics and an inhaler.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12