View Single Post
February 14th, 2014, 11:12 AM
TTCMA as of July 2014
Hey there,

I'm sorry you've had to wait so long for a response... You've probably forgotten that you posted this. :-)

My DH and I tried to conceive for about a year but my age and health issues forced us to go the adoption route. We are still waiting to adopt (through a private agency out of California - we live in AZ) but we were able to specify gender. We had to pay a fee to be able to do so, and they would only take us on as clients when they felt they could provide us with a baby of our specified gender within a 24-month period. But no, I don't think it's crazy to specify gender at all. The only thing about that is that you aren't presented to birth mothers who do not know the gender of their baby, which somewhat limits who they can show your profile to (which means a longer wait time to get matched).

You may have the option of becoming licensed foster parents and adopting through the foster system. We've been licensed for two years and haven't had anything happen in that realm for us, but foster care adds several layers of complications to things if you want a baby (like we do).

As for domestic being cheaper, I'm not really sure. I would imagine it would be only because you don't have the travel expenses, but that's just my own thought.

Good luck with adoption... It can be a good test of patience!

-Christi

Me: 40, DH: 44 (He has a 15-year-old from a previous marriage)
I'm a Type 1 diabetic (27 years and counting), and I've had gastric bypass (8 months ago - currently 15 lbs away from goal weight)

TTC for roughly 2 years now with no hint of success thus far.

Started with an RE on 7/23/2014 and so far:

SA came back with 44 million, 27.3% alive
Fibroids and endometriosis evidence present
HSG normal - both tubes open

Cycle 1: August, 2014
CD 3 - 7: Clomid
CD 14: Post-Coital test (cervical cells look great, no sperm present)
CD 16: Ovulation
CD 21: Progesterone @ 12.0
CD 28: Ultrasound to check for...? Not sure at this point.