View Single Post
February 16th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you so much, ladies!!
I shouldn't have opened my mouth about not having many symptoms. Apparently my little speck decided to show him or herself today. Earlier I felt very faint and I've had nausea off and on all day. Woohoo!..lol. By the way, is it ok to drink Gatorade?

I myself have never actually been diagnosed with a thyroid issue, but all of the women on my mom's side of the family (including my mom and my sister) have issues with it, whether hyper or hypo, and are medicated. I have been tested previously. Once specifically because I was having heart palpitations. I was apparently borderline on that test but not enough to be diagnosed with anything. They decided the palpitations were probably just due to anxiety (I also had some tests done on my heart). So it's just something I always keep an eye on. Although, I have heard as well that the thyroid is one of those things that one Dr. will say it's a perfect level, and if you ask another they will completely disagree. I will definitely request that they watch it closely throughout this pregnancy. Thanks for the advice!

Another thing I am a little worried about is my glucose level. I have had problems in the past with my sugar dropping ONLY in certain situations. It hasn't happened in quite awhile though. But today was the second time since I found out I was pregnant, and it's never just happened randomly while sitting at home like these two times. My vision gets blurry/spotty...I get dizzy and sick feeling..The first time I drank orange juice immediately and it went away after some time. This time, I didn't have any orange juice. I tried eating some crackers and it didn't improve. So eventually I ate some M&Ms and it finally got better. That's why I am thinking it's something with my sugar. Now I've just been nauseous off and on. I will definitely be talking to my doctor about it on Friday. Is this something common in early pregnancy? :/
I know eating small meals frequently would probably help but it's so hard when you don't feel like eating. And once it starts, I pretty much want to vomit just looking at food..
I don't know how I am going to do the glucose test that checks for gestational diabetes. I can't go even one hour without eating something small!

Mel, what were you using to supplement your progesterone? I was using the cream, prior and during to when it was tested. My doctor told me to stop using it before I even got my results because she didn't think it was doing anything. She hadn't even heard of progesterone cream..which I thought was odd. I cut it down to half, and then when I got my results I stopped using it because I figured my levels were higher than they needed to be anyway. Hopefully that was an ok call to make.

Last edited by MrsHopeful; February 16th, 2014 at 02:28 PM.