View Single Post
February 18th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Super Mommy
It will be okay! Seriously, it's going to be amazing . You're 19, not 16, which means it's not going to be anywhere near as hard for you as it was for your mom. No, it won't always be easy peasy, but you've totally got this.

Some advantages?
-- you're going to be a super energetic young mom and when your little son or daughter gets older you'll be really good friends and as adults grow to be almost peers. My mom was 22 when she had me, only three years older than you, and we are really good friends.

-- you have plenty of time to enjoy your baby's little years and still launch a very successful career if you choose

-- your body will bounce back from pregnancy and birth crazy fast

-- motherhood will majorly jumpstart your level of maturity, responsibility, and life goals. It's amazing what a focusing effect becoming a mother can be.

Those are just a few benefits, not to even begin mentioning the wonderful, overwhelming love and joy motherhood brings. I got pregnant with my daughter when I was 21. We were planning on waiting a few years to have kids, but believe me that my plans being interrupted was one of the best things that has ever happened to me and I wouldn't change anything about it. My daughter is and always has been a great joy and treasure to us.

Best wishes on this new adventure and let us know how it goes with your parents. I encourage you too to join a birth board here on just mommies. It's so fun and encouraging to get to know other moms due the same month as you. Congratulations!