View Single Post
February 18th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So maybe a week and a half or two weeks ago I called my aunt, no answer so I left a message. She's usually good about getting back and I forgot about it for a few days. When I realized she hadn't called back I wanted to call again, but it was late every time I thought about if for a couple of days. So tried her again about 4 or 5 days ago, left another message, still no return. Well that usually means she's in the hospital or nursing care facility after the hospital if she's already been released. She's in her 80's now. So I called her living center (she's lives in a senior retirement place, basically apartments with meals prepared in the dining room, and they clean once a week for you), and they said she's been in the hospital for a little over a week, but didn't know which one. The second hospital I tried was the right one. I spoke with her for a couple of minutes, but she had a doctor in the room and said she'd call me back (that was 5 hours ago, so I'll try her tomorrow). So I don't know all the information except she has abdominal pain and a growth on her kidney. They don't know what the growth is she says unless they do surgery, which because of her age either she doesn't want, or they won't do (not clear on that part). Because of what happened on the long car trip last week I don't want to risk driving out to see her (she's 2 hours away). So long story short, please keep my aunt Dovie in your T&Ps.

*So when I talked to my aunt yesterday she said she should be released from the hospital on Tuesday sometime, if she was doing well enough. She won't be able to go home though as she'll be unable to care well enough for herself. So she has to go back to a place she's been before, its a nursing/rehabilitation place. Then it's a wait and see how long she'll be in there.

Last edited by Boos Moo; February 25th, 2014 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Updating.