Topic: What to do...
View Single Post
February 22nd, 2014, 12:04 PM
Veteran
One thing you said that drives me nuts (and that I relate to) is being pro choice.

We had a pill fail (perfect user for 7 years and still wound up pregnant) and I am due in March. I was, and still am, prochoice but decided that in our situation that this pregnancy coming at an inconvenient time was not a good enough reason to abort. My fiance who has always claimed that he would never be interested in abortion SUDDENLY decided that abortion was the route to go once I found out I was pregnant. This flip flop (like your boyfriend has experienced) really disgusts and infuriates me.

I will say this for you to keep in mind as you go through the next few days, it is easy to say that he will come around and maybe he will but maybe he won't. Before this pregnancy my fiance was a strong, sensitive, caring man. Now I want to hit him daily. The baby hasn't come yet so maybe he will change his tune but I am not holding my breath. We are still together, but our relationship has gone to crap. He ignores and avoids me, he has no interest in the baby, he has never been to a doctors appointment, when I've been in the hospital I have to guilt him into coming to see me, he has made plans to be out of town the week before my due date and I have huge fears of him "blaming" our child. (As an aside, if things stay like this I do have a back up plan to leave him and ensure a safe and loving home for our baby.) Going through this pregnancy alone and knowing that he is so close has been one of the hardest things I've had to do. Often there are days I wish I would have already left and not have had hopes of him being there. All of that being said, when I feel our baby boy kick inside of me I know that so far I've made the right decisions. Ultimately the choices you make are the ones you have to deal with. I think you sound like you are ready if you are pregnant so good luck on all fronts. I hope your guy turns around quick!