View Single Post
February 24th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just as I don't believe all Drs aren't naturally minded. I also don't believe that all midwives ARE naturally minded. I have had 2 miserable midwife experiences and 1 fantastic Dr experience. Don't let people scare you that hospital births will be harder etc. I had a fantastic natural hospital birth and I am planning another in Aug.

As for finding a provider, are there any FB mom's groups in your area? That might be a good place to start. Also, our hospital has a "birth coordinator" (I go to a super fancy hospital so this likely isn't the norm) she had great recommendations about Drs. If that isn't an option there is likely a dept that handles child birth education, they might help. Last, I would start interviewing doulas, many will tell you to consider home birth/ out of hospital if that isn't what you want keep calling different doulas. Someone will have experience with hospital births, she will likely have a really good idea of who is naturally minded and who has a lot of successful natural births.