Topic: Frustrated
View Single Post
March 1st, 2014, 11:32 AM
Veteran
Hi Somer,

I went through the same thing when trying to conceive my 2nd child. Our first was a surprise so obviously came easily. When we tried for our 2nd, we did everything, charting, OPK testing, fertility drugs, the whole works. What finally worked was our 2nd round of IVF with ICSI. Our first round of IVF failed because no eggs fertilized on their own with my husband's sperm. It was devestating especially because we had gotten pregnant easily before so having fertilization issues was never thought it be a problem. In fact, before our first child, we got pregnant 2 times before that which miscarried early on. Anyway, our 2nd child is now 2 and I am 3 months pregnant with a surprise baby! So, as much work as we went through to have our 2nd, our 3rd came effortlessly again. Doctors can't explain what happened, but there is hope for you that it can happen on its own, if not with the 2nd child, maybe with the next. I know how frustrating this can be and there aren't a lot of resources out there for secondary infertility. Good luck to you!