View Single Post
March 3rd, 2014, 12:25 PM
1st time Momma-to-be
Quote:
Originally Posted by amityx7 View Post
I'm really confused, because when I went to my appt. on the 20th, it said I weighed 147. Now every day since then my scale has read 144-145. One morning it said 143. So I have no idea how much I have actually gained, Lol. I'm figuring one of the scales has to be off, but even so, I don't see how I managed to lose weight, since my scale was reading 146.8 on the morning of my appt... right around what the one at the OB office was. So... I'm up anywhere from 12 to 15 lbs.
My midwife's scale was evil - it was consistently 6 pounds heavier than my scale at home...then I realized that I weighed myself at home first thing in the morning and...ahem...in my birthday suit, lol. Whereas at the midwife's office I was weighed fully clothed (including boots) and in the evenings...so I go by my morning weigh in just for a) consistency, and b) my peace of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel S View Post
Alright - I braved it...I stepped on the scale. I am up about 20lbs from pre-pregnancy. The weight still appears to be all in my mid-section and my doctor hasn't expressed concern yet - which is good. I just need to focus on eating a bit healthier.
Same here - my midwife measured my belly and said I was right on track and she wasn't concerned since all my weight appears to be for the most part in my belly area (and boobs!)...but I agree with trying to eat healthier, I should probably start being a little more restrained in my cookie and icecream consumption.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)

Last edited by Missymoos; March 3rd, 2014 at 01:31 PM.